Media and entertainment industry

Los Angeles Dodgers manager Dave Roberts watches from the dugout during the second inning of the team's preseason baseball game against the Los Angeles Angels, Saturday, April 1, 2017, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)
April 03, 2017 - 12:38 am
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Yankees aren't among baseball's top two payrolls for the first time in nearly a quarter-century, making cuts along with some other traditional big spenders. The Los Angeles Dodgers topped the major leagues for the fourth straight opening day but dropped to $225 million...
Read More
FILE - In this Monday, March 27, 2017 file photo, Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber, right, speaks along side Jim Kavanaugh, vice chairman of the group trying to bring an MLS team to St. Louis, during a news conference in St. Louis. City residents go to the polls Tuesday, April 4 to decide whether to designate $60 million from a business use tax for a 22,000-seat downtown soccer stadium planned by the ownership group SC STL. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson, File)
April 02, 2017 - 10:25 am
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A year after the NFL's Rams abandoned St. Louis for Los Angeles, the city has a chance to again become a three-sport town if voters agree to help pay for a stadium for a new Major League Soccer franchise. Voters will decide Tuesday whether to designate $60 million from an existing...
Read More
FILE - In this Oct. 1, 2015 file photo, Bill O'Reilly of the Fox News Channel program "The O'Reilly Factor," poses for photos in New York. O’Reilly says in a statement posted to his website that he is “vulnerable to lawsuits” because of his high-profile job in response to a New York Times report, Saturday, April 1, 2017, detailing payouts made to settle accusations of sexual harassment and other inappropriate behavior. Fox News’ parent company 21st Century Fox backed him in a statement. AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)
April 01, 2017 - 5:07 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News host Bill O'Reilly said Saturday that he is "vulnerable to lawsuits" because of his high-profile job, in response to a New York Times report detailing payouts made to settle accusations of sexual harassment and other inappropriate behavior. O'Reilly posted the statement to...
Read More
FILE - In this Oct. 1, 2015 file photo, Bill O'Reilly of the Fox News Channel program "The O'Reilly Factor," poses for photos in New York. O’Reilly says in a statement posted to his website that he is “vulnerable to lawsuits” because of his high-profile job in response to a New York Times report, Saturday, April 1, 2017, detailing payouts made to settle accusations of sexual harassment and other inappropriate behavior. Fox News’ parent company 21st Century Fox backed him in a statement. AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)
April 01, 2017 - 3:43 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News host Bill O'Reilly said Saturday that he is "vulnerable to lawsuits" because of his high-profile job, in response to a New York Times report detailing payouts made to settle accusations of sexual harassment and other inappropriate behavior. O'Reilly posted the statement to...
Read More
April 01, 2017 - 1:22 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — In response to a New York Times report, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly says in a statement posted to his website that he is "vulnerable to lawsuits" because of his high-profile job. The newspaper reported Saturday on payouts made to settle accusations of sexual harassment and other...
Read More
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper holds a press conference at the Executive Mansion in Raleigh, N.C., Thursday, March 30, 2017, to announce that he signed a HB142, a compromise replacement bill for HB2, that the N.C. General Assembly passed earlier in the day. (Chris Seward/The News & Observer via AP)
March 31, 2017 - 2:10 pm
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Tense negotiations over a deal to undo North Carolina's "bathroom bill" gave way Friday to uncertainty. Will the compromise Gov. Roy Cooper signed Thursday quash the furor that made businesses, sporting events, conventions and entertainers pull out of the state in a yearlong...
Read More
FILE - This is a Friday, Oct. 29, 2010 file photo of the then FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke, left, and Sepp Blatter, President of the International Soccer Federation FIFA share a word during a press conference after a two-day executive committee meeting at the FIFA headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. FIFA has sent 1,300 pages of internal investigation reports into suspected bribery and corruption implicating world soccer leaders to Switzerland’s attorney general. However, FIFA said Friday March 31, 2017 it was legally barred from publishing the full reports or commenting on the evidence or conclusions. (Alessandro Della Bella/ Keystone, File via AP)
March 31, 2017 - 8:28 am
GENEVA (AP) — FIFA has sent 1,300 pages of internal investigation reports into suspected bribery and corruption to Switzerland's attorney general. However, FIFA said Friday it was legally barred from publishing the full reports or commenting on the evidence or conclusions. The documents complete a...
Read More
FILE - This is a Friday, Oct. 29, 2010 file photo of the then FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke, left, and Sepp Blatter, President of the International Soccer Federation FIFA share a word during a press conference after a two-day executive committee meeting at the FIFA headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. FIFA has sent 1,300 pages of internal investigation reports into suspected bribery and corruption implicating world soccer leaders to Switzerland’s attorney general. However, FIFA said Friday March 31, 2017 it was legally barred from publishing the full reports or commenting on the evidence or conclusions. (Alessandro Della Bella/ Keystone, File via AP)
March 31, 2017 - 6:47 am
GENEVA (AP) — FIFA has sent 1,300 pages of internal investigation reports into suspected bribery and corruption to Switzerland's attorney general. However, FIFA said Friday it was legally barred from publishing the full reports or commenting on the evidence or conclusions. The documents complete a...
Read More
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper holds a press conference at the Executive Mansion in Raleigh, N.C., Thursday, March 30, 2017, to announce that he signed a HB142, a compromise replacement bill for HB2, that the N.C. General Assembly passed earlier in the day. (Chris Seward/The News & Observer via AP)
March 31, 2017 - 3:20 am
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina has rolled back a state law that blocked some anti-discrimination protections for LGBT people, but questions persist whether politicians have done enough to coax back the businesses and sports leagues who withdrew lucrative plans from the state. Initial reactions...
Read More
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper holds a press conference at the Executive Mansion in Raleigh, N.C., Thursday, March 30, 2017, to announce that he signed a HB142, a compromise replacement bill for HB2, that the N.C. General Assembly passed earlier in the day. (Chris Seward/The News & Observer via AP)
March 30, 2017 - 5:57 pm
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina rolled back its "bathroom bill" Thursday in a bid to end the yearlong backlash over transgender rights that has cost the state dearly in business projects, conventions and basketball tournaments. The compromise plan , announced Wednesday night by the Democratic...
Read More

Pages