Carbon monoxide leak kills 1, sends others to hospital

January 07, 2019 - 12:45 pm

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Officials in western Pennsylvania say a carbon monoxide leak in a multiple family home has left a man dead and several people hospitalized.

Police were called to the home in Canonsburg, south of Pittsburgh, just after 7 a.m. Monday. Officers responding reported a strong odor of natural gas and called the fire department.

When crews went inside, they found the man inside a basement apartment. Occupants in two other apartments were treated at a hospital for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Washington County coroner says the man died of suspected accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

On Saturday, a carbon monoxide leak at a duplex in Harrisburg left multiple people hospitalized.

They're expected to recover.

AP Editorial Categories: 
Comments ()